Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Colorful.

An even more interesting follow-up article from the last blog post is here.

Anyway, I had such a perfect weekend! The weather Friday afternoon was absolutely gorgeous, and what better way to spend it than throwing colored powder and water all over people with my friends? :) A campus-wide celebration of the Hindu spring festival of Holi was held in Polk Place, and it was such a wonderful way to bring everyone together and to have tons of fun at the same time. The festival is also a symbol of the loosening of social stratifications and honors the energy and life of the spring season -- which I felt like was totally appropriate considering the amazing spring weather and all the energy I've had lately!









We clearly had fun afterwards at the Old Well, too. :)

Spent the rest of my weekend with a sweet boy watching the NCAA Tournament games and being entirely too lazy whatnot. I am always overwhelmed and amazed when I think about the luck I've had in snagging such a great person who never fails to make me laugh with our similar sarcastic humors or treat me like a princess, haha. I don't remember a weekend where we didn't have a great time, whether we're doing everything or nothing special at all. It's amazing how happy finding that one person can make you feel and can change your entire outlook on life. I can honestly say I have never in my life been happier with everything. :)

Only 5 more weeks of classes, which absolutely blows my mind! I've been feeling a little burned out lately, but  by some miracle of God I still have As in all of my classes, which would be great to keep up for just those last 5 weeks! This semester has proved a world of difference compared to the last in terms of productivity when it comes to my school work and my personal life. Amazing what the right combination of happiness, motivation and a change of scenery can do for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment